The original Cheddar Monk Academy was run by the Cheddar Masters to celebrate two years of Darths & Droids. It ran for one year and 34 tasks.
The 2020 Cheddar Monk Academy is a fan effort, run to provide a source of home entertainment while much of the world is under curfew in order to slow the spread of nCoV-19. Senior graduates of the original Academy are most welcome to join the organising committee.
The Academy Rules
These largely follow the rules of the original Academy.
- Padawans must be registered on the IWC forums to join the Cheddar Monk Academy.
- This is a fan effort with no technical support from the Cheddar Masters. Do not attempt to use your IWC forum password anywhere on the cheddarmonk.org site or on any other third party site. Do not believe anyone claiming that you need to use it to authenticate yourself. If authentication is necessary for any challenge, a mechanism will be developed which does not affect the security of your IWC account.
- Challenges are worth points as described on each task.
- All challenges will remain open until the Cheddar Monk Graduation date, which will be announced with at least two weeks' notice.
- The organisers will aim to post one new challenge each Saturday.
- Padawans of course must wear robes during all challenges.
- Points are awarded at the discretion of the organisers upon receipt of evidence of challenge completion.
- Bonus "style" points may be awarded at the discretion of the organisers for challenges completed in particularly Cheddar Monkish ways. Padawans are strongly encouraged to try to gain style points!
- Padawans may re-attempt challenges to improve their scores if they desire. New points will replace the previously scored points, not add to them.
- Padawans should not use copyright music in any audio or video files they produce. YouTube tends to remove videos which use copyrighted music. Besides, respecting copyright is virtuous and Cheddary.
- Cheddar Monks do not engage in rules lawyering. Always in motion are the rules. If a Padawan has a question about anything, the Padawan should consider: What would a true Cheddar Monk do?